So, I'm in Sligo. Land of Yeats. His epitaph: Cast a cold Eye/ On Life, on Death/ Horseman, pass by. Horseman, you should probably also pass by our hotel about which you should know:
- Has no hot water.
- Which makes sense since most of the rooms don't have heat.
- Each room key opens all rooms.
- The owners operate an illegal all-hours pub downstairs, where they have hen parties or at least a gaggle of girls singing Bon Jovi's "Livin' on a Prayer" at 4:15 in the morning.
- They serve a nice breakfast while still cleaning up the broken glass from the bar fight from previous night.
- Traditional Irish music sessions include the "Johnny Cash" song "Hurt."
- When we tell locals where we stay, they just laugh in an odd way.