Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Ideal Fiction List Is Up on Flatmancrooked


So the folks over at the irrepressible Flatmancrooked came up with their ideal fiction anthologies and asked some of the writers they've published for their lists. Mine is up in Part III. Be sure to check out Parts I & II. I notice that many get real defensive about their lists and include disclaimers or get defiant as if expecting their choices to cause bar fights. Me included. I'm not making a point. Just noticing. I like to notice stuff.

4 comments:

Alex C. said...

I wasn't familiar with any of those stories, Craig, but with your recommendation I'm certainly going to check them out. I mean, I love fun, and I like darkness and comedy, preferably combined. What I'm trying to say is: after reading your anthology table of contents, I do not want to fight you.

S. Craig Renfroe, Jr. said...

Damn, Alex, what did I do wrong? Would you punch me in the face if I included Nicholas Sparks?

David Erlewine said...

Good list, Craig. Also liked Matthew Salesses's list. Some good stuff to read this week.

Would be cool to download individual stories. The wave of the future...hop on bitches!

S. Craig Renfroe, Jr. said...

Thanks, David, that would be cool. Sign me up. Isn't Google working on this?