Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Nikitas and The Long Division

Over the weekend, the ball and chain and I went to see the Queens production of A Midsummer Night's Dream. It was a fantastic show. So I'm thinking about Shakespeare. And thinking about as I grow older--now that I'm married I feel older already--I find myself liking Shakespeare. That seems insipid having written it, but before I'd have said, "Of course, I like Shakespeare" because...I mean, you have to like Shakespeare. But what I'm saying now is that I actually like Shakespeare.

Which brings me to my friend Derek Nikitas, whose novel The Long Division has recently been released to rave reviews. Including this one where he's compared to...that's right, Shakespeare!

1 comment:

Derek Nikitas said...

I like the tags: "Derek Nikitas, Shakespeare"

The AJC comparison was a wonderfully nice bit of absurdly ridiculous hyperbole, though I wouldn't want it any other way. Certainly nicer than their review of Pyres...