Tuesday, February 5, 2008

5 Random Things from AWP

  1. Joyce Carol Oates was a Phi Mu.
  2. There is a thing called a haibun, a prose poem ending in a haiku.
  3. I made a fool out of myself trying to meet Dan Wickett of Emerging Writers Network.
  4. John Irving gave me the evil eye when I recognized him coming back from the gym in his track suit.
  5. One panel made me want to write a story about a dying grandmother who was hooked on meth and LSD and dreamed of her dead dog. It would end with the grandmother dying and the dog waking up to realize it was only a dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Craig. I must have missed whatever it was you did before you came up and introduced yourself, because I didn't notice anything fool - ish when you did that.

Dan

S. Craig Renfroe, Jr. said...

Dan,

Well, that's good to know. Thanks for the comment.