Sunday, January 25, 2009

Me on The Dead Mule School of Southern Literature


So my story with the ridiculously long title "The Ostrich that Cured Johnny Cash of Drugs & Booze Dies of Old Age" is up on The Dead Mule School of Southern Literature. The magazine is, of course, named after the fact that all good Southern lit has dead mules in it. Blood Meridian, for example, has hundreds...maybe a thousand. My story has none. But it does have dead ostriches, so that should be good for something. Also, The Dead Mule asks for a Southern Legitimacy Statement. Mine includes my much loved, infamous relative Steve Renfroe, who I also, probably incorrectly refer to as Stephen Renfroe.

4 comments:

Alex said...

That's some good stuff, Craig. I smell a Walk the Line Part 2 screenwriter's credit in your future. Finally, the truth comes out!

Matt DeBenedictis said...

The words on that piece are throwing stars. Keep it deadly.

Erik Smetana said...

congrats on the publication, great story!

S. Craig Renfroe, Jr. said...

Thanks guys. I will keep it deadly while working on that Walk the Line sequel--I'm sure everyone can agree what the first one lacked was ostriches.