Sunday, January 27, 2008

An Erotic Stanza

So I’m working on THE NOVEL, and I decided that I was tired of coming up with the words and that it would be much easier to steal them from someone else. But that would be wrong, I thought. I tried desperately to kill my superego but only rendered it quiet with the compromise that I would find something the character could quote to another character. And then, I remembered the Limerick book. I had until the Limerick book thought that limericks were light entertainment except for The man from Nantucket, which I never knew the rest of but guessed that it had to end in fuck it. Now I know that they are a dirty, dirty art form, and I love them for it. Anyway here’s a limerick from the Limerick book for your reading pleasure:

There was a young fellow named Dave
Who kept a dead whore in a cave.
He said, "I admit
I'm a bit of a shit,
But think of the money I save!"
Ha, ha. See the reason that's funny is that most people wouldn't have intercourse with another person who is deceased, regardless the discount.

No comments: