Sunday, January 20, 2008

What Horribly Repulsive Thing Did a Clown Ever Do To You?


So everyone’s heard by now that clowns are out. This article about how kids hate clowns says that 100% of the kids surveyed disliked—I’m sorry, “universally disliked,” or my favorite: found clowns “unknowable.” Truer words never spoken or written or bubbled in on a survey. Who can really “know” a clown? I do, however, find the idea that kids don’t love clowns hard to believe. After all, in response to this study some clowns have pointed out that this study only included 250 children. Probably scaredy-cat children. Clowns are the bedrock of childhood. Clowns are the bedrock of our economy. Surely we see the connection with lack of love for clowns and the subprime debacle.

As further evidence, there’s one of my favorite movies Killer Klowns from Outer Space. What could say kid bait more than clowns, science fiction, and cocooning people in cotton candy? If you ask me it’s kids these days that are creepy and not clowns.

2 comments:

MEL said...

you're fucking with me right?

S. Craig Renfroe, Jr. said...

Yes, yes I am.